Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Back to the Boatyard

Well, it’s been awhile! I know, I’m a little late…what can I say? I got lost myself in a series of boatyards, first in Hungary, then in one of the matrices of the poems, New England. Does a girl good to get home now and then, especially when she has a book to sell and needs fresh inspiration for the next one!

Before I really get rolling with the blog, just want to report the happy news that two bookstores on Long Island have picked up my book:: Think Long Island First
an innovative treasure run by the very friendly Ewa, located in Buckingham’s Variety store. Totally ironic that I am now selling the book in a variety store that, when we were growing up, we loved to hate. The hawk-eyed manager, watching customers with the wrong ideas, left us feeling like shoplifters just for setting foot in the door.

Stop by on Saturday, October 8, 2-4 pm, and say hi to Ewa and of course, if you don’t already have one, pick up a copy or two of Poems from the Boatyard! (36 Audrey Ave., Oyster Bay. Map on the website.)

And Forest Books in Locust Valley has also graciously agreed to carry some copies on consignment, so stop in if you’re in their neck of the woods and say hello (182 Birch Hill Rd, Locust Valley, NY 11560).

Thanks to those who’ve written, emailed or facebooked me to enthuse about Poems from the Boatyard. I’m loving it. The adventure continues….

No comments:

Post a Comment