Thursday, July 4, 2013

Rain, Reprieve & Radios!

Torrential downpours continue here in Atlanta, but the poetry world is alive and well.  I've been hunkered down up with a 3rd poetry manuscript, coming down the homestretch...a little more gathering, a few poems left to revise, then the organization and layout...getting there!
  
Finishing Line Press has granted me an extra week on advance sales, which will hopefully be enough to push me up the press run ladder!  Thank you FLP!  July 14 is my new deadline.
 
They've also invited me to a book fair to represent them in St. Augustine's in Florida!  That is a big deal and a tempting offer!  Putting the crowbar to the calendar...and the wallet!  Stay tuned for details.  The conference takes place in November.

Then a friend called to tell me she had met a guy from BlogTalkRadio--who hosts online radio interviews of poets!  She nominated me, I'm looking into it, and will keep you posted.  Sundays at 7--listen in! 

Dan Veach of Atlanta has been named this year's Georgia Author of the Year for his Finishing Line Press book ELEPHANT WATER (award presented by The Georgia Writers Association).  I don't know Dan, but know of him, and asked him for an endorsement on The Boatman's Daughter.  Didn't realize he was so busy...sorry Dan!  But congratulations!  Glad to be in such good company with you and Finishing Line Press.

That's the latest from the Boatyard, peeps, and I close with another call to mobilize you over this soggy and cool July 4th, to reserve your copy of The Boatman's Daughter.  Here's the link, and if you have any trouble with it, the email: flpbookstore@aol.com 

I'm looking to sell 40 more copies, so if you can help lower that number, I will seriously appreciate you!  International orders also accepted!

One more week of harassment, and my social media lips will be sealed until at least next book signing...

Why you should order now:
. my press run double, which means my payment in copies doubles;
. you will save on shipping costs; 
. I will seriously appreciate you!

Ready?  Go!  And don't forget to pin, tweet, share, link in, forward!

Grateful...and Happy 4th!  Hope you're getting a little more sunshine in your corner of the world, and if not, there's some poetry to be had...


No comments:

Post a Comment