Thursday, January 27, 2011

Buzz....................................

It’s time to create buzz…you know, that low, vibrating, humming sound, as of bees, machinery, or people talking, a rumor spreading, a report coming, the sound of whispering, gossip, a feeling of intense enthusiasm, excitement, or exhilaration, dizziness, a slight intoxication, to tell or spread the news, secretively, conspiratorially, then going viral, linked it, with tweets, Mail Chimp (if I ever figure it out) and FB.

Well.

I’m not sure that’s my personality, but let me throw you a bone or two in the next few days…blurbs and excerpts for your amazement and edification...starting with my writer friend Rebecca, who until recently ran our writer's group here in Peachtree City, and kicked me in the butt last year to submit this manuscript:

"Patricia Butler’s poetry tells beautiful stories—whether the setting is the seashore, the city dump, or a dentist’s office. Quiet contemplation and spiritual connection undergird her witty and sometimes disquieting observations of the world at large."

I owe you one at Thai Isan, Rebecca! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment