Friday, January 21, 2011

Hoops & Bananas

Well, after a sharp learning curve, with deadlines compressed because of travel, I have finished jumping through all the publishing hoops necessary to bring this chapbook to press! I have January ‘off’ to study marketing, and get my social media up to snuff. The Media Release Kit is ready, as are the bios, short and long, with author photos, table of contents, a manuscript in txt, pdf and Word format, cover art, permissions, all in hard copy as well as CD ( why did my DVD player decide to stop working now?!? Flash drives to the rescue…)

I have until approximately Feb. 15, when the prepublication (advance sales) period begins. That means six weeks of sell sell sell, because based on sales, the print quantity is determined. My first goal is 205, which will earn me 100 free copies, which I can then sell at retail.

So, from now until Feb. 15, I will be studying “Guerrilla Marketing for Writers” by Jay Conrad Levinson, Rick Frishman and Michael Larsen and “The Frugal Book Promoter” by Carolyn Howard-Johnson.

And figuring out Mail Chimp…oy…pass me a banana!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment