Monday, January 24, 2011

Guerilla Marketing

I am reading “The Frugal Book Promoter” and “Guerilla Marketing.” In case you don’t know this about the publishing world, the author is responsible for most of the marketing of his or her book. So I am doing a crash course in marketing and book promotion, looking up websites, collecting email addresses, picking up local newspapers to collect editors’ names, and exploring Mail Chimp.

I have updated my profile on Linked In. I’ve got Twitter and my Facebook page ready to go, and of course the blog is up and running. I’m sure I’m probably missing 12 forms for social media, but that’ll do for now.

February 15 still looks like the official launch date, and I am most eagerly looking forward to crawling around the coastal cafes and bookstores of New England and Long Island, birthplace of these poems, hopefully with my brother Pete in tow. And no doubt be inspired with new poems…

In the meantime, I have a postcard and a bookmark to create…

No comments:

Post a Comment